One kilo of screws and nails were removed from the stomach of a man by doctors in Lithuania.
According to reports, the screws and nails were swallowed by the man regularly after he quit smoking.
Based on medical facts, the man is suffering from pika, a medical condition of compulsively eating non-food items, which can be harmful or fatal.
The man was brought, to the hospital in the Baltic port city of Klaipeda after suffering from severe abdominal pain.
An X-ray from the man’s stomach showed pieces of metal – some measuring up to 10cm (4in).
Surgeon Sarunas Dailidenas said after a three-hour operation, they were able to successfully removed all the metals from the man’s stomach.
Algirdas Slepavicius, head surgeon at Klaipeda Hospital revealed they conducted the medical operation on Friday.
At the moment, the patient is in a stable condition following the operation.