Skip to main content
BusinessInternational NewsLatest NewsWorld News

After a flight from Australia to Malaysia, a passenger was arrested and returned to Sydney due to an “emergency incident”

By 08/14/2023 1:25 PMNo CommentsBy YidInfo Staff


Monday saw the return of an airliner from Australia to Malaysia to Sydney, where a passenger was detained hours later in what police described as an emergency situation.

At Australia’s main airport, the issue resulted in numerous domestic flight cancellations and delays. With 199 passengers and 12 crew members on board, Malaysia Airlines flight MH122 took off from Sydney Airport for Kuala Lumpur and returned more than three hours later due to a “disruptive passenger,” the airline claimed.

The flight’s captain decided to return to Sydney out of concern for safety, according to a statement from Malaysia’s national airline. Crew members reportedly checked the rucksack for explosives but found none, according to a Nine News report that claimed a passenger aboard an Airbus A330 with a backpack threatened to “blow the plane up.

The event was called an “emergency incident” by the Australian Federal Police. According to a police statement, the remaining passengers were let out of the plane roughly three hours after the 45-year-old guy was apprehended without incident.

According to authorities, the unnamed individual was scheduled to face charges later on Monday. They made no offense.

According to the airline, travelers would be moved to upcoming flights. Malaysia Airlines expressed gratitude to both the government and its customers for their composure and cooperation during the incident. Some flights reportedly continued to land and take off at Sydney Airport even while emergency services dealt with the situation.

No overseas flights were postponed.


By providing your phone number, you will receive text message updates from Yid-Info. You can opt out at any time by responding STOP.

bobby bracros

Author bobby bracros

More posts by bobby bracros

Leave a Reply