After almost eight years of litigation, the families of the victims of the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school nearly 10 years ago have agreed to settle some liability claims with gun manufacturer Remington Arms.
Sources said the settlement marks the first time in the United States that a gun manufacturer has been liable for a mass shooting.
The families allege Remington knowingly and negligently marketed military-grade weapons to unstable ppl pic.twitter.com/QQYE2SbQPH
— John Craven (@johncraven1) February 15, 2022
The civil suit was filed earlier in connection to the December 14, 2012 mass shooting incident when 0-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot 20 first-graders and six staff members after storming Sandy Hook Elementary School.
In filing the civil cases, the plaintiff said the gun-maker that made the semiautomatic rifle used in the mass shooting in Newtown, Conn should be held liable for the deadly shooting incident.