A 70-year-old man from Netanya was critically injured and taken to Laniado Medical Center Friday night after he suffocated while choking on a doughnut.
MDA medics gave him CPR while transporting him to the Netanya hospital.
This morning, the hospital released the following statement: “We regret to announce that the patient passed away late yesterday night despite the efforts of the medical and nursing staff.
We feel the family’s sorrow together.
The first people on the scene yesterday were MDA’s Rafi Sheva, the director of the Sharon Region, and MDA doctors Eliyahu Rosenberg and Yehuda Zilberman.
They reported: “We saw the man lying on the floor without breathing or pulse.
We started conducting sophisticated CPR right after, which involved breathing, massages, and medicine administration.
MDA wanted to remind people that donut dough can harm infants, young children, and the elderly.
Be careful when slicing the donut into little pieces.