When a man attacked several Chinese eateries in a suburb of Auckland, New Zealand, with an axe, four people were hurt.
The attack started at about nine o’clock. Witnesses said a 24-year-old guy broke into three nearby eateries on Monday at the local time and began stabbing customers.
According to the New Zealand Herald, the individual was successful in causing damage to a total of six restaurants.
The unidentified attacker was detained and accused of intentionally inflicting severe injury on the victim.
The assailant attacked alone, and there was no apparent reason for their action. More charges, according to the police, were likely.
The man made a brief court appearance on Monday with the assistance of a Mandarin translator, according to the Herald.
Restaurants have tightened security.
According to the hospitals, one victim was stable at Auckland City Hospital. At the same time, two other patients—one with moderate injuries and the other with minor ones—were also in stable condition at North Shore Hospital. Earlier in the day, North Shore released a third individual.
A patron who declined his identity told the Herald that he was eating supper with a companion when the man entered and began seriously hurting the friend. He told the Herald that he attacked the first diner, shooting for the head while deflecting the punches with his hands.
Another customer told the Herald that “he was very, very calm.” He continued to approach me.