Skip to main content
Breaking NewsInternational NewsLatest NewsWorld News

BREAKING: American mother of four among 20 dead in Mexico cockfight massacre

By 03/31/2022 12:12 PMNo Comments

On Sunday evening, an American mother of four children is among the 20 people shot dead in a massacre at a cockfight in Michoacan, Mexico.

The local police identified the victim as Melissa Silva, who was only vacationing in the Las Tranjas region when the deadly shooting occurred.

The police said that aside from the 20 people who died, four others were also wounded in the attack.

The prosecutors handling the case revealed that the shooters planned the attack and entered the area in a stolen truck owned by a snack food company around 10:30 p.m. on March 27.

“The snack food company truck arrived, and several armed people in camouflage clothing got out,” a prosecutors’ statement said.

“At the same moment, a bus outside the building was used as a blockade,” the prosecutors added.

Prosecutors added that drug cartels and other gangs had been fighting in the area.

Meanwhile, Mexico’s president, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, blamed criminal gangs in the area for the killings.

“It was a massacre of one group by another,” Obrador said.

According to reports, the Mexican army and national guard troops were deployed in the area on Monday to capture those responsible.

JOIN US ON WHAT'SAPP, TO GET INSTANT STATUS UPDATES AND BE IN THE KNOW.

CLICK HERE

bobby bracros

Author bobby bracros

More posts by bobby bracros

Leave a Reply