Despite his other daughter’s frantic attempt to get past dense smoke and a closed door to save them, a Bronx dad and his autistic daughter perished in a fire on Thanksgiving Day, according to neighbors and officials.
Perfecto Aramboles, 60, and Odalys Aramboles, 20, perished in the early-morning kitchen fire that started in the family’s second-floor apartment on Harrison Ave. near W. Rosanna Suarez, 42, was unable to save them. Tremont Ave. in Morris Heights at about 5:30 am, according to authorities.
She was hospitalized in critical condition with Aramboles’ wife, Lorenza Suarez, 63, due to Suarez’s courageous rescue attempt.
Thanksgiving festivities were going to be hosted by Lorenza Suarez in the apartment where her family was killed.
She had planned to cook today in her home and invite her daughter, who lives elsewhere, and other family members, but this transpired, according to Sue, her niece.
She enjoys throwing parties and cooking. She delights in uplifting others. Just depressing.
Thursday night, Rosanna and Lorenza Suarez were still in the hospital.
They periodically run their labs to ensure that the poison in their blood finally exits their bodies, but Rosario warned it would take time.
Thus, the reason they remain intubated.
Suarez’s screams and demands for help, according to Suarez’s neighbors, could be heard throughout the whole five-story apartment complex.
The neighborhood’s councilwoman, Pierina Sanchez, claimed that the five-story building’s residents frequently complained about the heat and hot water.
She remarked, “It’s a tragedy. “There were many tears shed when we learned about this tragedy because everyone in this building knew each other.”
According to municipal records, a complaint about insufficient heat across the entire building was made to the Department of Housing Preservation and Development on Monday.