In the late hours of Wednesday, several Buchurim from Vizhnits who had been released from the hospital earlier in the day were re-admitted after some faced recurring symptoms of food poisoning.
It has been reported that the Buchurim were positive for Salmonella, which was quite presumably caused by expired or spoilt mayonnaise that was served to them in a flight back from Ukraine. Although the diagnosis isn’t confirmed officially, sources have pointed to the likelihood of Salmonella being the cause for their discomfort.
More than 20 Buchurim had been previously released from the Maimonides Medical Center, where they were brought after suffering from food poisoning on a flight back from Kvrei Tzaddikim in Ukraine the previous day. Out of these, a majority of the men were taken back to the hospital on Wednesday, due to the lingering symptoms that were troubling them.
As it stands, the boys who were discharged had trouble holding down food and drinks and were severely dehydrated. As a result of these symptoms and the detection of some abnormalities in their blood work, two Buchurim from Upstate and a number of the Buchurim from Boro Park were re-admitted to the hospital.
It was later reported that the boys may have tested positive for Salmonella- a bacterial disease that affects the intestinal tract.