Eleven people were brought to the hospital early Monday after a Westchester YMCA filled with chemical fumes.

Local firefighters said the incident occurred at 7:30 a.m outside the center.

Based on the initial investigation, the victims landed in the hospital after chlorine for the pool was mistakenly mixed with hydrochloric acid meant for cleaning.

New Rochelle Fire Chief Andrew Sandor revealed some of the victims suffered skin injuries due to the incident.

“People were overcome and we had to help some of them get out of the building,” Santor said.

Santor said at the moment they consider the incident as an accident without any malicious intent.

JOIN US ON WHAT'SAPP, TO GET INSTANT STATUS UPDATES AND BE IN THE KNOW.

CLICK HERE
bobby bracros

Author bobby bracros

More posts by bobby bracros

Leave a Reply