Skip to main content
Jewish NewsLatest News

Dickinson College Students Faces Investigation For Antisemitic, Holocaust Glorifying Video

By 02/25/2021 4:30 PMNo CommentsBy YidInfo Staff

Shane Shuma, a student at the Dickinson College, Pennsylvania is facing an investigation by the school authorities over an anti-Semitic video wherein he was filmed listing reasons why the Holocaust proved beneficial.

In another disconcerting antisemitic incident, a junior student at the Dickinson College, along with a cameraman who was heard laughing in the background as the rant went on, Shane Shuma, said on camera, “96 percent of Germans said that it made their lives much more positive … the other 4 percent said it only moderately improved their lives … it protected the German minorities; you know, they were being oppressed by the Jews out in Poland … it redistributed wealth, no more income inequality—a big problem … you can’t have racism when your state only has one race.”

Source: abc27

The disgraceful video ended with a jubilant Shuma, who stated, “I think it did a lot of good things.”

Supposedly shot in late January, the University took cognizance about the video last week, claiming that they were only exposed to it until recently. The administration confirmed that the student does attend Dickinson, a small liberal-arts college home to some 2,350 full-time students from some 40 states and nearly as many countries. And as far as the cameraman is concerned, according to one report, he is a high school student.

In a statement released by the school, President Margee M. Ensign and other officials said, “This video is not only harmful to our campus community but is an anti-Semitic act. Any act of bias undermines our Dickinson values. As soon as we learned about this video, we took immediate action. The college will be thoroughly investigating this matter and taking appropriate action in accordance with our policies and procedures.”

Reacting to the horrid video, tweeted, “We are HORRIFIED @DickinsonCol student Shane Shuma filmed himself attempting to justify the mass murder of 6 million Jews. The video appears to be taped Jan 21st, Dickinson is just now responding.”



Liora Rez, executive director of also shared the video online, adding, “We want people to see this, and be outraged and shocked. Something like this shouldn’t be sanitized and white-washed. This hatred that our families experienced 70 years ago is happening again, and we need to speak out.” Rez urged the school to “act swiftly,” and take decisive action against the student. According to Rez, nearly every day brings news of another anti-Semitic incident on a college campus, and she said the “increase we are seeing is tied to lackadaisical response to these college incidents.”



By providing your phone number, you will receive text message updates from Yid-Info. You can opt out at any time by responding STOP.


Author @aronfraiman

More posts by @aronfraiman

Leave a Reply