Skip to main content
Israel NewsJewish NewsLatest NewsPolitics

Following an Arab attack, two Israelis are being held in connection with the death of a Palestinian teen

By 08/06/2023 9:26 PMNo CommentsBy YidInfo Staff


Two Jewish suspects who were detained in connection with the shooting murder of a Palestinian were ordered to remain in detention for an additional five days by the Jerusalem Magistrate’s Court early on Sunday.

Elisha Yered, 22, of the Ramat Migron outpost, and Yehiel Indore, 28, of the settlement of Ofra, were both ordered held until Wednesday at the judge’s request.

Kosai Ma’atan, 19, of the Arab hamlet of Burqa, was killed, and two inhabitants of Samaria’s Binyamin district are accused of being involved.

The primary shooting suspect, Indore, was not present at the court proceeding since he had suffered a severe head injury at the hands of Arab assailants. He had surgery, but authorities have not yet interrogated him.

Yered, a former spokeswoman for Limor Son Har-Melech of Otzma Yehudit in the Knesset, is suspected of interfering with a police investigation by bringing Indore’s gun home.

Yered’s hand was injured, necessitating medical attention. The incident happened on Friday while “Israeli civilians” were herding sheep close to Burqa, according to the IDF.

Arabs left the town to drive the herd out of the vicinity. The army reported that after verbal exchanges there, both sides threw pebbles at each other and the Palestinians fired fireworks.

“Israeli civilians fired at the Palestinians during the conflict. A Palestinian was killed, four others were hurt, and a Palestinian vehicle was discovered burned as a result of the altercation.

Several Israeli citizens also suffered injuries from rocks thrown at them, according to the IDF.

A lone Jewish shepherd was grazing his herd roughly 500 to 700 meters (546 to 765 yards) from the hamlet, according to Israeli news outlet HaKol HaYehudi (“The Jewish Voice”), when a group of Arabs approached and instructed him to move farther away.

The shepherd made a distress call to his friends. The news source stated that at that point, “hundreds of Arab rioters descended from Burqa armed with clubs, fireworks, and rocks and started to attack the settlers in a severe and life-threatening manner.”

On Saturday morning, Indore and Yered were taken into custody. Arabs were not detained. Attorney Nati Rom, who is defending the accused alongside attorney Avichai Hajbi, claimed that the only murder that occurred here was a character assassination of the settlers.

Even though they were the ones who were attacked and obviously acted in self-defense, they were murdered in the media for an entire Shabbat.” At the hearing, it was revealed that Yered had taken Indore’s gun after he passed out while being transported to a military intensive care vehicle.

Yered brought the firearm to Ramat Migron. Soon after, Yered called the district police and inquired about where he should turn in the weapon.
“Despite this and despite providing a thorough account of what happened, he was suspected of hindering the investigation.

This is preposterous because he or others could have easily delivered the pistol to the police if they had been in a hurry, but instead, he did, according to HaKol HaYehudi. Even though the police spokesman at the hearing stated that Indore was the alleged shooter, the police have also charged Yered with suspicion of murder.

In a tweet sent out on Saturday night, the US State Department expressed its strong condemnation of the assassination of a Palestinian teenager at the hands of Israeli extreme settlers.

The United States expresses its sincere condolences to his family and friends. We observe that Israeli authorities have detained several people and demand complete responsibility and justice.


By providing your phone number, you will receive text message updates from Yid-Info. You can opt out at any time by responding STOP.

bobby bracros

Author bobby bracros

More posts by bobby bracros

Leave a Reply