When a car in his garage allegedly caught fire over the weekend, Jay Leno reportedly had “severe burns” to his face, but he claims he will recover.
Following the Saturday incident in Los Angeles that left him with injuries to his face and hands, the former “Tonight Show” host is receiving treatment at the Grossman Burn Center, the hospital announced on Monday.
According to a representative for the facility, “Jay wants everyone to know that he is in stable condition and getting treatment at the Grossman Burn Center for burns that he sustained to his hands and face in a gasoline accident in his garage over the weekend.”
Leno, 72, confirmed the event and stated in a statement to Variety that he had suffered “severe burns from a gasoline fire.”
I am OK. Only a week or two is necessary for me to get up again.
The Westchester County-born comedian canceled all of his appointments this week.
Leno is a well-known automobile aficionado who hosted NBC’s “Tonight Show” from 1992 to 2009.
His collection includes more than 100 vehicles, including a 1999 Chevrolet Corvette and a 2015 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R.
In 2015, he started hosting the CNBC program “Jay Leno’s Garage,” which features classic cars, supercars, and their owners.