A massive upcoming Palestinian onslaught from Gaza was predicted by Egypt’s spy head, according to reports that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu denounced as “complete fake news” and “a complete lie” on Monday.
Ten days prior to Saturday’s devastating attack, Egyptian General Intelligence Directorate Director Maj. Gen. Abbas Kamel reportedly told Netanyahu that the Gaza Strip was poised to carry out “something unusual, a terrible operation.
“Ynet has previously reported this. “The report as if Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu received an early message from the Egyptians is a complete lie,” the Prime Minister’s Office said in a statement.
Since the formation of the administration [in late December], neither the prime minister nor the intelligence chief have had any early communications from Egypt, and neither have they spoken or met in person.
The PMO stated, “This is utterly false information. The Associated Press reported, prior to the Ynet publication, that Israel’s allies that share intelligence with it claimed its security agencies were misreading reality. According to the article, an Egyptian intelligence official claimed that Cairo, which has frequently acted as a middleman between Israel and Hamas, had frequent conversations with Israeli officials regarding “something big,” without going into further detail.
The unexpected onslaught was the deadliest assault on Israel since the Yom Kippur War of 1973, killing more than 800 Israelis and injuring 2,600 more.