On Wednesday, an immigration judge ruled that fake German heiress and scammer socialite Anna Sorokin will be granted release from prison but will be banned from all forms of social media so as to prevent any further cons.
With a docuseries based on her infamous crimes, the 31-year-old won release from the Orange County prison where she has spent the last 17 months in ICE custody in the fight against her deportation.
Sorokin is expected to be released today, once she has found a place to stay. This being said, the scammer, who duped several New York socialites by pretending she was a wealthy heiress named Anna Delvey, must remain under 24-hour house arrest with electronic monitoring in addition to posting $10,000 bail, according to the judge’s order.
She is also prohibited from accessing all social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook TikTok, and Instagram, where she has 1 million followers.
Sorokin served four years in prison after her 2019 conviction and was released from prison for good behavior in 2021. She was rearrested by ICE agents and had been detained in an Orange County facility ever since.
While the government argued that Sorokin should remain locked up as she posed a threat to the community, her lawyer said in a statement that he was “extremely grateful by the court’s decision to release Sorokin. “The judge rightfully recognized that Anna is not a danger to the community. While there are still a few hurdles to jump through on her release conditions, Anna is thrilled to be getting out so she can focus on appealing her wrongful conviction.”