Skip to main content
BusinessLatest NewsTech News

Users vote to remove Musk as CEO in the final round of a Twitter poll

By 12/19/2022 4:50 PMNo CommentsBy YidInfo Staff

By the time the poll ended on Monday, over half of the 17.5 million users who participated in Elon Musk’s poll on Twitter asking whether he should leave his position as CEO had chosen to agree.

Although Musk indicated he would follow the results, neither Twitter nor Musk immediately announced whether or not that would occur.

Musk may be in midflight on his way back to the United States early on Monday after watching the World Cup final on Sunday.

Musk has conducted several irrational polls on important topics affecting the social media platform, such as whether to let journalists he had suspended from Twitter return, which drew strong criticism both inside and outside the media.

Musk has had numerous run-ins with users, and on Sunday, after admitting he made a mistake by introducing new speech limits that forbade mentions of competing social media websites on Twitter, he urged Twitter users to decide whether or not he should continue to run the social media platform.

The 12-hour unscientific online poll revealed that 57.5% of respondents preferred that he go, while the remaining 42.5% preferred that he stay.

Since Musk acquired Twitter in October, a further significant policy shift was followed by the most recent poll.

Users of Twitter had been informed that links to Facebook, Instagram, Mastodon, and other websites that the corporation deemed “prohibited” would no longer be permitted.

As a result of the quick backlash, which included criticism from former supporters of Twitter’s new owner, Elon Musk pledged to refrain from making any other significant policy changes without conducting an online user survey.

After shutting down a Twitter account last week that was monitoring the travels of his private jet, Musk took the measure to ban competitors as his most recent attempt to stifle particular expression.

Popular websites like Facebook and Instagram were among the prohibited domains, along with upstart competitors Mastodon, Tribel, Nostr, Post, and the Truth Social platform run by former President Donald Trump.

Twitter did not explain why those seven websites were on the blocklist, but not others like Parler, TikTok, or LinkedIn.



By providing your phone number, you will receive text message updates from Yid-Info. You can opt out at any time by responding STOP.

bobby bracros

Author bobby bracros

More posts by bobby bracros

Leave a Reply