A flesh-eating bacterial illness caused by a sprained ankle in an 11-year-old Florida boy resulted in his death mere days later, according to family members.
According to Megan Brown, Jesse Brown’s cousin, the fifth-grader at Lakemont Elementary School in Winter Park, was hurt using a treadmill last month. North of Orlando is where Winter Park is situated.
According to Megan Brown, the boy’s leg was covered with reddish-purple bruises a few days after the event, and the bruises were the first indication of strep-A.
She claimed that the bacteria got into his circulation and finally caused his organs to shut down. According to his cousin, Jesse was brought to a neighboring hospital for treatment before passing away a few days later.
She told WOFL, “In my mind, I was in full amazement.” I thought, “He’ll be alright. Our family could never experience this,
A memorial fund for Jesse has been established by the Foundation for Orange County Public Schools to assist his family with medical and funeral costs.
According to the foundation, Jesse attended Lakemont Elementary School and has been a part of the school’s safety patrol since kindergarten.
The organization said, “Jesse was kind and caring, watched out for others, adventurous, and truly a fantastic friend and student.” “With his BMX and dirt bike racing, he also knew how to make the most of good times with friends outside and lived life to the fullest.”